Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moved my itunes lbrary by mistake

I asked this a little while ago, still not resolved.

By some stupid key pushing error on my part, my entire iTunes music library( several thousand tunes)is no longer in my iTunes , but seems to be in windows media player, I would like to get them back to iTunes.

I am running windows 8.1, and have the computer skills of a senior citizen, need simple precise instructions for dummies please!

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 12:35 PM

The specific piece of advice that most applies in your situation would be:

It may be worth trying the shift-start-iTunes method (option on a Mac) to actively select the .itl file that should contain your library.

The standard location for the iTunes library in Windows is C:\Users\<User>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 12:35 PM in response to nastyoldman

The specific piece of advice that most applies in your situation would be:

It may be worth trying the shift-start-iTunes method (option on a Mac) to actively select the .itl file that should contain your library.

The standard location for the iTunes library in Windows is C:\Users\<User>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl

tt2

Nov 27, 2020 12:27 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

This does not look to be the answer.

my iTunes was not corrupted, upgraded, nor did it crash.

Previous versions (as shown on your reply) are empty as well.

I originally hit the shift and something else (don't remember) and poof everything was gone.

It does look like it is (or most of it) is in my windows media.

I am still trying to find a way to shift it back

thanks

moved my itunes lbrary by mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.