Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone number and my wife’s phone number are listed as where I can be reached. How do I take her phone number off?

My wife’s phone number and my phone number are listed where I can be reached. How do I take her phone number off?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:43 PM

Are you sharing an Apple ID? If so, one of you needs to change and you need to set up Family Sharing if you wish to continue sharing content. Otherwise, see this for removing a phone number. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support Don't do this until you have changed Apple IDs, because this can affect her iMessage as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 4:43 PM in response to Fritos51

Are you sharing an Apple ID? If so, one of you needs to change and you need to set up Family Sharing if you wish to continue sharing content. Otherwise, see this for removing a phone number. Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support Don't do this until you have changed Apple IDs, because this can affect her iMessage as well.

My phone number and my wife’s phone number are listed as where I can be reached. How do I take her phone number off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.