Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when im have my apple watch on. my iphone does not fibrate or ringtone

when im have my apple watch on. my iphone does not fibrate or here a ringtone

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

1. The red notification icon  appears on your watch face when you get a notification. When you dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 11:47 PM in response to Wokkel38

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

1. The red notification icon  appears on your watch face when you get a notification. When you dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone. 

when im have my apple watch on. my iphone does not fibrate or ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.