Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails slow or not loading (opening)

Hi,

I have a 6 yr old i-mac running Catalina 10.15.7

It's been getting a bit slower recently but within the past few months mac mail has become almost unusable. Emails take an age to open - seems to be irrespective of size and in general mac mail just seems to run at 1/10 usual speed. I've tried rebuilding the mailboxes.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Scott

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 10:10 AM

Hello scott1129,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with Mail on your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, try starting up in safe mode to see if that resolves the issue: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

You may also want to check for any available updates for your Mac: How to update the software on your Mac.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please reply with whether or not you're experiencing slowness while using any other apps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 10:10 AM in response to scott1129

Hello scott1129,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with Mail on your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, try starting up in safe mode to see if that resolves the issue: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

You may also want to check for any available updates for your Mac: How to update the software on your Mac.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please reply with whether or not you're experiencing slowness while using any other apps.

Take care.

Emails slow or not loading (opening)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.