Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR does not recognize my hue home hub or the AppleTV HD as a hub

My iPhone XR does not recognize my appletv HD as a hub. Homekit is enabled on the AppleTV HD.

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:30 AM

Are you at least able to control your Phillips Hue Accessories with the Hue App? If the answer is YES then-

Open Hue ➔ Settings ➔ HomeKit & Siri : Ensure that your Lights, Accessories and Rooms show up and the devices under each one of those categories have a check mark.

Open Hue ➔ Settings : Ensure that Out of home control & Hue Bridges show as Connected.

If everything above shows as expected then you can probably control your Hue devices from the Hue App.

On your AppleTV HD - Open Settings ➔ AirPlay and HomeKit ➔ Home Hub : Ensure that you Hue Hub (Name) shows Connected.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 9:30 AM in response to adam255

Are you at least able to control your Phillips Hue Accessories with the Hue App? If the answer is YES then-

Open Hue ➔ Settings ➔ HomeKit & Siri : Ensure that your Lights, Accessories and Rooms show up and the devices under each one of those categories have a check mark.

Open Hue ➔ Settings : Ensure that Out of home control & Hue Bridges show as Connected.

If everything above shows as expected then you can probably control your Hue devices from the Hue App.

On your AppleTV HD - Open Settings ➔ AirPlay and HomeKit ➔ Home Hub : Ensure that you Hue Hub (Name) shows Connected.

Axel F.

My iPhone XR does not recognize my hue home hub or the AppleTV HD as a hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.