Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add HomeKit to Apple TV 4K, Stuck on Add This Apple TV to Your Home

I’m re-asking this because I’ve tried everything in the other forums & I can’t get my Apple TV 4K to add to HomeKit to make it into a HomeKit hub. Whenever I bring the iPhone close & click to add I get the “Done”’ message on the phone, but on the Apple TV I only have the message “Add This Apple TV to Your Home” and the spinner that goes on forever.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Thanks!

—Vito

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:58 AM

Try rebooting your wifi

Otherwise try these steps:

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Restart Apple TV

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit on the ATV - be sure to assign it a room

Or possibly it was added, it can keep spinning even though it was done. Look in the home app on the phone to see if you have an icon for Apple TV

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 1:58 AM in response to VitoA

Try rebooting your wifi

Otherwise try these steps:

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Restart Apple TV

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit on the ATV - be sure to assign it a room

Or possibly it was added, it can keep spinning even though it was done. Look in the home app on the phone to see if you have an icon for Apple TV

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

Can’t add HomeKit to Apple TV 4K, Stuck on Add This Apple TV to Your Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.