Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages info tab - "See All" photos/links are not available

I recently submitted this feedback (today) about when restoring your iPhone from an iCloud back up or via a computer backup. Photos that you have exchanged between someone are no longer available to view in the info tab of the person you're messaging. This too applies if you use iCloud to restore messages. Is anyone having this issue? I think Apple should fix this feature/bug immediately as it is an inconvenience to have to scroll back through the message thread to find photos and even LINKS exchanged between the other party and yourself. I had to scroll back about a month ago in one of message threads to find a photo that was sent to me. The scrolling back through messages also isn't a seamless process either. Once restore occurs and new photos and links are exchanged those appear in the info "see all" tab, but the previous photos and links do not.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:27 AM

***UPDATE***

So I just restored my iPhone from my computer backup and it seems that the photos and links shared mostly appears back in the info tab "see all". So for users who want their images/links to stay in those respective categories I would recommend restoring from a computer back up rather than an iCloud backup.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 11:27 AM in response to zinacef

***UPDATE***

So I just restored my iPhone from my computer backup and it seems that the photos and links shared mostly appears back in the info tab "see all". So for users who want their images/links to stay in those respective categories I would recommend restoring from a computer back up rather than an iCloud backup.

Nov 24, 2020 10:11 AM in response to zinacef

Sure is. I've found another forum about this same issue and it appears to have been ongoing for some time now in case you want to take a look at the threads on that forum. I've included the link.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250644536

Any ideas on what could be the issue? Or is this something that Apple will address if it gets enough traction?

Nov 24, 2020 10:19 AM in response to zinacef

Yeah it is pretty lengthy (ha!). I did not call support. Last time I had an issue/concern to report to Apple it was very lengthy process. I had to submit several screenshots and data from my phone, constantly retry the issues and give them times of when it occurred, etc. It was a very easy problem they could recreate themselves. I provided very detailed instructions, screenshots, and screen recording and eventually I felt I was being led in a circle. So, hopefully they listen to the feedback I provided. Otherwise, I would probably expect this bug to be fixed by iOS 17 or so.

Nov 24, 2020 10:25 AM in response to zinacef

Yeah I know, but Apple will take their time on fixing the issue. Unless I was some big influencer or had an inside man then maybe it could be fixed sooner, but even then it may take time. Though! I never know. It could be fixed sooner. From my experience they have a hard time listening and fixing bugs everyday users notice and report and when they do it's usually years down the road.

iMessages info tab - "See All" photos/links are not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.