Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder has disappeared

Trash folder has disappeared from email. When I delete a message it just disappears. I am on version 11.0.1 MacOS Big Sur. How do I restore the function?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 6:23 AM

Move your mouse to the top of the info bar on the left side of your mail window and hover over "Favorites". Click the plus sign, then use the pull down menu in the dialog box that appears. You can add the "trash" mailbox there. If you find that you are not able to find items that you have deleted, add the "All Trash" mailbox and you will find your deleted items there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Dec2020

Move your mouse to the top of the info bar on the left side of your mail window and hover over "Favorites". Click the plus sign, then use the pull down menu in the dialog box that appears. You can add the "trash" mailbox there. If you find that you are not able to find items that you have deleted, add the "All Trash" mailbox and you will find your deleted items there.

Trash folder has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.