Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 12 Pro Max Camera issues?

I just recently purchased the IPhone 12 Pro Max and was really excited to get home and start taking pictures.

Yet found myself disappointed when I found that the camera or software seemed to have some issues.

1. In low light situations there are green lines that go horizontally across the image.
  2. In bright situations there are green dots created on the image.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 2:45 PM

Hello BEJosh,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having issues with taking photos in low light conditions; let's look into this more.

Just to verify, you're using the steps found in this article:

Use Night mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition the steps int his article, it's important to note that reflected spots, like this seen in the two later photos you shared, can be expected and are common with all cameras:

If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 2:45 PM in response to BEJosh

Hello BEJosh,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having issues with taking photos in low light conditions; let's look into this more.

Just to verify, you're using the steps found in this article:

Use Night mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition the steps int his article, it's important to note that reflected spots, like this seen in the two later photos you shared, can be expected and are common with all cameras:

If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

IPhone 12 Pro Max Camera issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.