Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my old messages off my iphone

how do i get my old messages off my iphone that have been down loaded to icloud

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:31 PM

If these are messages you received, then is it possible that you have your messages set to delete after a certain time? If you go to Settings>Messages>look under Message History what is the setting there? If not set to Forever, it is possible the messages were automatically deleted. Otherwise you would have needed to restore your backup. But if the messages were deleted sometime in the past, they will no longer be in backup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 2:31 PM in response to all-this-for-Juni_2020

If these are messages you received, then is it possible that you have your messages set to delete after a certain time? If you go to Settings>Messages>look under Message History what is the setting there? If not set to Forever, it is possible the messages were automatically deleted. Otherwise you would have needed to restore your backup. But if the messages were deleted sometime in the past, they will no longer be in backup.

how do i get my old messages off my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.