Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iCloud messages

Hello I recently got a new iPhone and I need to get all my old messages back that were on my old phone. My current phone is showing messages from 2 years ago. Is there any way to update my current messages. I have used the iCloud and it just keeps saying I need to plug my phone in. I also connected to Wifi. I have done that and nothing has happened. Is there any way I can fix this issue?

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:24 AM

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Messages. Is it on? If it was previously on, your messages should be in the iCloud and should eventually load.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

If iCloud messages was not on, the only way to get your messages back is to restore from a backup that contained them:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 11:24 AM in response to Pinkie1725

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Messages. Is it on? If it was previously on, your messages should be in the iCloud and should eventually load.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

If iCloud messages was not on, the only way to get your messages back is to restore from a backup that contained them:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

iCloud messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.