Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aux cable only works when half plugged in car

I have bought my IPhone 11, 2 weeks ago and it was working fine in the aux in my car, one day the aux stopped working and today I discovered only when the aux is half plugged in my car. (so the cord is fully plugged in phone and half plugged in car). The aux was working fine before when I had an IPhone X. I headphones work fine, it’s only aux. Any suggestions why?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 12:24 AM

Logic suggests it cannot be the phone end, it has to be either

• Damaged or dirty cable plug or
  • Damaged or dirty Aux socket

You can check the former by trying another cable.

If that makes no difference then it it points to the latter cause.

Before asking the garage to fin another aux socket you could try a USB cable with nothing attached to the other end and insert/remove the plug into the aux socked a couple of dozen times to clean the terminals. It is up to you whether to risk a drop of rubbing alcohol or switch cleaner on the plug first, but only if you can isolate the power to the socket.

If that fails you need a new socket IMO

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 12:24 AM in response to belkis256

Logic suggests it cannot be the phone end, it has to be either

• Damaged or dirty cable plug or
  • Damaged or dirty Aux socket

You can check the former by trying another cable.

If that makes no difference then it it points to the latter cause.

Before asking the garage to fin another aux socket you could try a USB cable with nothing attached to the other end and insert/remove the plug into the aux socked a couple of dozen times to clean the terminals. It is up to you whether to risk a drop of rubbing alcohol or switch cleaner on the plug first, but only if you can isolate the power to the socket.

If that fails you need a new socket IMO

Aux cable only works when half plugged in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.