Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Hello Apple

Clearly many seem to be having an issue upgrading their 2013 / 2014 MacBook Pros to Big Sur. Clearly you acknowledge the issue as the Big Sur update is no longer available to me. When I check Software updates I am told that my Mac is up to date with 10.15.7.

Question....do you plan on creating a new build that will make it compatible with these older MacBooks? If so, what is the ETA?

Best

Olivier

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:27 PM

OlivierdeSousa wrote:

Hello Apple

Clearly many seem to be having an issue upgrading their 2013 / 2014 MacBook Pros to Big Sur. Clearly you acknowledge the issue as the Big Sur update is no longer available to me. When I check Software updates I am told that my Mac is up to date with 10.15.7.

Question....do you plan on creating a new build that will make it compatible with these older MacBooks? If so, what is the ETA?

Best
Olivier

You will have to wait while it gets sorted out.

If you can’t install macOS Big Sur on certain 13-inch MacBook Pro computers from 2013 and 2014

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211242 Published Date: November 19, 2020

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 2:27 PM in response to OlivierdeSousa

OlivierdeSousa wrote:

Hello Apple

Best
Olivier

You will have to wait while it gets sorted out.

If you can’t install macOS Big Sur on certain 13-inch MacBook Pro computers from 2013 and 2014

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211242 Published Date: November 19, 2020

Big Sur on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.