Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart mailboxes cannot be changed in 11.0.1

I have problems with not being able to modify smart mailboxes and worse it changes the rules that I had originally put into it, making even the old rules useless (e.g. changes "from" to "any recipient"). The original 2018 Apple Community discussion for High Sierra suggested removing "SyncedSmartMailboxes.plist" seemed like a temporary acceptable "fix" except under Big Sur there is no such file in Home/Library/Mail/V8/MailData. I did find it in an iCloud drive though but moving it out didn't help.

I find the smart mailboxes to be useful in quickly identifying who I should respond to earlier. They are a bit of a dynamic set. But the way Big Sur is they are useless. Any suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:35 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 24, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Roger Coupal

Roger Coupal wrote:

I have problems with not being able to modify smart mailboxes and worse it changes the rules that I had originally put into it, making even the old rules useless (e.g. changes "from" to "any recipient"). The original 2018 Apple Community discussion for High Sierra suggested removing "SyncedSmartMailboxes.plist" seemed like a temporary acceptable "fix" except under Big Sur there is no such file in Home/Library/Mail/V8/MailData. I did find it in an iCloud drive though but moving it out didn't help.

I find the smart mailboxes to be useful in quickly identifying who I should respond to earlier. They are a bit of a dynamic set. But the way Big Sur is they are useless. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Use Smart Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

smart mailboxes cannot be changed in 11.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.