Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Not Mounting on Mac Air M1

My iPhone 8 is not mounting on my new MacAir M1, so can not sync music.

Running MacOs 11.01 on MacAir M1

Running iOS 14.2 on iPhone 8

when i connect my phone using Apple's USB-C to Lighting cable, my phone does show that the phone is charging, but it does not mount on my desktop. Neither does it mount in iTunes. right now, i can not sync music to my phone.

Brian

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 1:28 PM

I noticed the same thing when I powered my M1 with the iPhone 12 pro; it's not a problem per say; it's just that Big Sur doesn't have iTunes; but all your previous iTunes content has been moved to th music app. So to see and manage your iPhone 8; go to finder and you'll see your iPhone 8 listed on the lower left side; under "locations"

I hope this helps. Enjoy your M1 as I am; the best laptop I've ever had so far.

Peace!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 1:28 PM in response to bbridges51

I noticed the same thing when I powered my M1 with the iPhone 12 pro; it's not a problem per say; it's just that Big Sur doesn't have iTunes; but all your previous iTunes content has been moved to th music app. So to see and manage your iPhone 8; go to finder and you'll see your iPhone 8 listed on the lower left side; under "locations"

I hope this helps. Enjoy your M1 as I am; the best laptop I've ever had so far.

Peace!

iPhone 8 Not Mounting on Mac Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.