You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the impact of the discontinuation of adobe flash player on safari 13xx?

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:45 PM

CJ362 Said:

"I'm not sure that you could say that I was using a "recent device". It is an 11" MacBook Air, but the OS is 10.13.6. The Safari version is 13.1.2. No concern?"

-------

Uninstall Adobe Flash Player:

Go Here: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS - Adobe Support

Adobe and its major vendors (i.e. Apple) are catching on to this. So expect more in time to come.

End-Of-Life:

Go Here: Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page - Apple Support

As it Reads:

"Also, the major browser vendors are integrating these open standards into their browsers and deprecating most other plug-ins (like Adobe Flash Player).By announcing our business decision in 2017, with three years’ advance notice, we believed that would allow sufficient time for developers, designers, businesses, and other parties to migrate existing Flash content as needed to new, open standards"

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 9:45 PM in response to CJ362

CJ362 Said:

"I'm not sure that you could say that I was using a "recent device". It is an 11" MacBook Air, but the OS is 10.13.6. The Safari version is 13.1.2. No concern?"

-------

Uninstall Adobe Flash Player:

Go Here: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS - Adobe Support

Adobe and its major vendors (i.e. Apple) are catching on to this. So expect more in time to come.

End-Of-Life:

Go Here: Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page - Apple Support

As it Reads:

"Also, the major browser vendors are integrating these open standards into their browsers and deprecating most other plug-ins (like Adobe Flash Player).By announcing our business decision in 2017, with three years’ advance notice, we believed that would allow sufficient time for developers, designers, businesses, and other parties to migrate existing Flash content as needed to new, open standards"

Nov 24, 2020 8:52 PM in response to CJ362

CJ362

"what is the impact of the discontinuation of adobe flash player on safari 13xx?"

-------

Adobe Flash Player:

Apple's software is made to use flash media in its own Manor. So, if your are using a recent device, and a recent Web browser, then there should be not concern.

Keep it Off of your Mac:

I had an issue with leaving this on my Mac. As an end result, I had to reinstall the macOS anew (format and all). See here: Adobe Flash Player Uninstall Message Pops U- - Apple Community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.