Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the Notes Application, i accidentally deleted a huge portion of worfd and need them back onto the Note

I accidentally deleted an important portion of of a note in NOTES APP. I desperately need to get them back. After doing that I accidentally touched the screen, typing a few random letters so I erased those letters.

. My “shake motion” is on under accessibility but it’s not responding - it does nothing. HELP!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:01 PM

Unfortunately, you have lost that accidentally deleted data. There is no way to recover it UNLESS you have a backup created on a computer from the time when the Note was in its complete state. For this to work, you not only must have a backup but also not be using iCloud for Notes. So, if you are NOT using iCloud for Notes AND have a backup file on a computer then you have a chance. Note that backup on iCloud (if you do) won't matter much in this example because they are created and overwritten almost on a daily basis.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 10:01 PM in response to NOTESAPPQuestion

Unfortunately, you have lost that accidentally deleted data. There is no way to recover it UNLESS you have a backup created on a computer from the time when the Note was in its complete state. For this to work, you not only must have a backup but also not be using iCloud for Notes. So, if you are NOT using iCloud for Notes AND have a backup file on a computer then you have a chance. Note that backup on iCloud (if you do) won't matter much in this example because they are created and overwritten almost on a daily basis.

Axel F.

In the Notes Application, i accidentally deleted a huge portion of worfd and need them back onto the Note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.