Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete MacOs Catalina File

I recently upgraded to macOS Big Sur but then changed my mind due to some important apps not working with the new software so I downloaded the macOS Catalina installer from the app store but then the installation failed so I decided to wait for the apps to work instead of downgrading but the problem was that i cant delete this installer file (8GB) and its persistent. These are the errors that popped up. Please Help

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:54 PM

I had the same problem. You need to disable SIP in order to delete that file. Boot to the Recovery system (restart holding command-r) then open Terminal and type "csrutil disable" without the quotes followed by the Return key. Restart to your normal system and you will be able to delete the file.

After deleting, boot again to the Recovery system (restart holding command-r) and open Terminal and type "csrutil enable" without the quotes followed by the Return key. Restart to your normal system and all will be back to normal.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 10:54 PM in response to kelvinklrs

I had the same problem. You need to disable SIP in order to delete that file. Boot to the Recovery system (restart holding command-r) then open Terminal and type "csrutil disable" without the quotes followed by the Return key. Restart to your normal system and you will be able to delete the file.

After deleting, boot again to the Recovery system (restart holding command-r) and open Terminal and type "csrutil enable" without the quotes followed by the Return key. Restart to your normal system and all will be back to normal.

Delete MacOs Catalina File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.