Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Sync

I just got my brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max about 5 hours ago and for the life of me can not get my Apple Music synced! I have done the following:

1) Turned the device on and off

2) Ensured that "Sync Library" is on as well as toggled it on and off multiple times

3) Deleted and reinstalled iTunes and Music App just to cover my bases

4) Factory Data Reset

5) Tried steps 1-4 with Cellular and Wifi connections

6) Looked through Forums to find a fix

7) tried to fix it through my MacBook air

8) Prayed

9) Force Restart

10) Ensured during all these process that I am using the latest versions of all apps and software including "Big Sur" on my MacBook

There has to be a software issue.

What am I missing and how do I fix?

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 9:15 PM

I found a round about way of fixing this...I had to place the device in recovery mode (mind you 5 hours after buying my dream phone 😒) and I connected it to my MacBook Air and performed a recovery mode restore through my finder app. I restored the phone to my previous iPhone XS Backup and immediately as soon as the phone flipped on I turned the “Sync Library” feature on while on WIFI and it worked.

Glad I found the solution but by gosh Apple... please fix this software issue... kind of ruined my unboxing day

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 9:15 PM in response to Needhelpbroski

I found a round about way of fixing this...I had to place the device in recovery mode (mind you 5 hours after buying my dream phone 😒) and I connected it to my MacBook Air and performed a recovery mode restore through my finder app. I restored the phone to my previous iPhone XS Backup and immediately as soon as the phone flipped on I turned the “Sync Library” feature on while on WIFI and it worked.

Glad I found the solution but by gosh Apple... please fix this software issue... kind of ruined my unboxing day

Apple Music Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.