Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EarPods doesn’t work for Facebook live

I am using iPhone 11 Pro Max. My Earpods Microphone doesn’t work for Facebook live.

I tried different External Microphone as well. But Same problem.

when I record a video from built in camera microphone works that time.. How can I fix this ?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 6:12 AM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2020 8:50 AM in response to AzmirHasan

Hi AzmirHasan,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like multiple microphones do not work with the Facebook app. Since two external microphones do not work inside of the app, and the internal mic works outside the app, it may be an app issue.

Do the EarPods work while on calls?

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

"How to manually update apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the App Store, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All."

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Dec 7, 2020 3:39 AM in response to mario49

I failed again. I have followed all, which you suggested.

Still my EarPods and AirPods (brand new) microphone are not working while I use my phone’s video camera, Voice Memo even Facebook live.

For music, movies, messenger calls and phone calls - EarPods and AirPods are working perfectly .

I guess this problem’s reason is software update . As far I remember after the update of “14.0” I am facing this problem . Currently my update is 14.2, Unfortunately this problem is still harassing me .

EarPods doesn’t work for Facebook live

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.