Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

After upgrading to big sur all my photos are still in the cloud and didn't transfer to my iMac. When opening photos on my mac there are non but in small letters it says that iCloud needs to be turned on in photo preferences menu....but it is greyed out.

Also my Time Capsule doesn't work anymore.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:34 AM

Where is your Photos Library? Is it on your Time Capsule? You cannot enable iCloud Photos for a library that is not your System Photo Library and is on a remote volume.

You can only use iCloud Photos with a library on a locally mounted volume, prepared as described here: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 10:34 AM in response to Ramteid

Where is your Photos Library? Is it on your Time Capsule? You cannot enable iCloud Photos for a library that is not your System Photo Library and is on a remote volume.

You can only use iCloud Photos with a library on a locally mounted volume, prepared as described here: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.