Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not syncing in Big Sur

Photos are not syncing with icloud after updating to Big Sur.

Everything is checked and double checked.

Logged out from icloud on my MBP, logged back in... Everything works, except Photos....

Any tips/fix would be appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:23 AM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2021 12:58 AM in response to lazaralin

If you are logging out of iCloud and back in, you are just slowing down the iCloud syncing, because it will cause a complete new upload of your Photos Library into iCloud.

Can you tell us more about the state of your iCloud Photos Library?

• What is the status bar below the Library > "All Photos" tab showing? Is it showing "Updated just now" or something different?
  • Are you seeing an album or folder named "Unable to upload" in the sidebar? If yes, what is inside this album?
  • Are you using additional devices with iCloud Photos? Another Mac with a different system version? An iPhone or an iPad? Which system versions are running on your other devices, if any? And what is the state of the iCloud sync?
  • In what way does your library no longer sync with iCloud? Do new photos or videos from other devices not appear on yourMac? Do the photos or videos from your Mac not appear in iCloud at www.icloud.com or do they not appear on your other devices? Or are your albums or smart albums not syncing properly?

Jan 28, 2021 1:29 AM in response to léonie

it just says updating... for over a week now... 8007 out of 8340. It's not uploading nor downloading new photos.

It has been over a week since I logged back in. I see all my photos until this year.... exactly the moment I updated to big Sur

All my files upload/download perfectly in iCloud.... my iPhone XSMAs and iPad pro sync perfectly...

I have a 1Gbs internet speed connection. in December I run a fresh install on my iMac. it took no longer than 20 min to upload the full library of 80Gb of photos.

The problem is Big Sur

Thanks

Mar 3, 2021 2:08 PM in response to lazaralin

Are you kidding me, how can deleting the Photos app solve this man? Would you please stop posting here just for the sake of it, you'll give false information to others as well...

The solution to this is to Disable/Enable syncing Photos in your System Preferences > iCloud and then the iCloud sync will be triggered...

Photos not syncing in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.