Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to MacOS Big SUR

Since I have upgrded to Big Sur my HP Photosmart 8000 Series colour printer is not working anymore does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this. Thanks

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 1:55 PM

blairfromcoppell

Oct 29, 2020 3:44 AM in response to sterling r

to solve the problem I installed the HP Smart printer app on my Mac. While I use legacy Laserjet printers that require a USB connection to print, the HP Smart app seems to have solved the expired signed code issue with the previous printer drivers that the MacOS was balking at. The HP Smart app is more than I needed and in fact I don't use it as a Print device controller at this point, but the printers started printing again just fine. I am aware I have made some assumptions as to the exact cause and correction but decide to go to HP the Print vendor for a solution and it has worked.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251954553?answerId=253758078022#253758078022

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 1:55 PM in response to luciennefromdundas

blairfromcoppell

Oct 29, 2020 3:44 AM in response to sterling r

to solve the problem I installed the HP Smart printer app on my Mac. While I use legacy Laserjet printers that require a USB connection to print, the HP Smart app seems to have solved the expired signed code issue with the previous printer drivers that the MacOS was balking at. The HP Smart app is more than I needed and in fact I don't use it as a Print device controller at this point, but the printers started printing again just fine. I am aware I have made some assumptions as to the exact cause and correction but decide to go to HP the Print vendor for a solution and it has worked.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251954553?answerId=253758078022#253758078022

Nov 25, 2020 2:28 PM in response to BDAqua

My Brothers laser printer no problem with Big SUR, but when I switch over to an Mac OS desktop in September 2017 I could not get my HP Professional Laser jet 1606dn to work and I bought a Brothers(using my 1606Hp printer for my Windows desktop) . At that time my HP photosmart Colour printer worked fine on the MAC. OS Sierra. I am getting pretty fed up with Apple. So what you are saying I should get in touch with HP. Thank you for your help

Jan 11, 2021 1:54 PM in response to luciennefromdundas

I have an HP 7740. Since I upgraded to Big Sur, the printer does not recognize the Ledger size paper in Tray 2. I contacted HP and spent 90 minutes with them. They did everything they could do, to no avail, and suggested I revert to the previous operating system OR contact Apple to resolve. I need your help. Can someone please call me back. 206-619-0560 or contact me to share my screen to resolve this issue. HELP!!

Jan 18, 2021 1:12 PM in response to danielfromseattle

My suggestion is to get in touch with Apple and talk to them. As I said before ever since I bought an Apple Mac desktop computer, I have not been able to use my professional HP Laserjet 1606dn with my Mac. I had to buy a new printer for my new Mac, but Apple reimbursed me for the Brothers Printer. The reason they reimbursed me or deducted it from my invoice purchasing a brand new Apple Mac. Before I bought this new Mac Desktop they told me that my HP printers would work, then when the printers (although my Colour Photosmart printer 8000 series did work until they upgraded to Big Sur) My HP Laserjet did not work and I had to buy a Brother's

HL-L 2320DW (an excellent printer). At that time that printer was $129.99 Cdn plus tax. Talk to Apple, they either get a fix or tell them to pay for a new printer. I am still able to use my HP printers with my Microsoft Computer with Windows 10. I am not sure what Apple is up to, they have been making a lot of changes. They changed from Iphotos to Photos. Iphotos was so much better. I believe they are contracting those App's out . Iphotos was an Apple product. It is all about money. They contracted the photo app out as it is cheaper than that Apple controls it. Hope this helps a bit. Let me know how you made out.

Upgrade to MacOS Big SUR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.