Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just up[dated mac to BigSur 11.6. It wiped out my printer, and tells me that this printer will not work with big Sur. What now?

just updated mac to BigSur 11.6. It wiped out my printer, and tells me that this printer will not work with BigSur, printer is Epson CX7400. What do I need to do to get print capability back?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 11:06 AM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2021 11:16 AM in response to Kev_Lin70

In the case of the Canon MG5350, it is a networkable device and is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers, so you have vendor independence against future macOS releases, or Canon dropping device support.

Ensure that the MG 5350 is connected to Ethernet or Wi-Fi, and is powered. Visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, and right-click on the MG5350 entry. From the secondary menu, choose Reset printing system… and re-add the printer with AirPrint, not any Canon driver. Do not have a USB connection.

just up[dated mac to BigSur 11.6. It wiped out my printer, and tells me that this printer will not work with big Sur. What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.