Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a large file named iPhoto Library that I would like to delete, as my photos have been migrated to a Photos library. Can I delete the iPhotos Library file to save space?

I have a large file named iPhoto Library that I would like to delete, as my photos have been migrated to a Photos library. Can I delete the iPhotos Library file to save space?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 4:51 PM

Yes, but you won't save as much space as you think since the migrated iPhoto Library uses some Operating System sleight of hand to share the space the original files take up.

Just in case, you should keep a backup of the file for a while until you are sure you don't need it anymore.

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.