Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old I pad will not charge

I am being asked to recycle. Is there a way to remove personal information from my old uncharged ipad

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 4:45 PM

I have been a regular Apple product customer/user support volunteer contributor here for 17 years!

I know a thing, or two, about Apple products and Apple mobile devices.

I am also, pretty much just one of the many expert contributors here on everything iPad/iOS/iPadOS.

A 2nd generation iPad was introduced in April 2011.

In addition, I actually own one of these over 9-year old, 2011 iPad 2nd generation iPads that I purchased new in 2011.

My wife and I own both new, “newer” and very old iPad models.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 4:45 PM in response to silly_wabbit123

I have been a regular Apple product customer/user support volunteer contributor here for 17 years!

I know a thing, or two, about Apple products and Apple mobile devices.

I am also, pretty much just one of the many expert contributors here on everything iPad/iOS/iPadOS.

A 2nd generation iPad was introduced in April 2011.

In addition, I actually own one of these over 9-year old, 2011 iPad 2nd generation iPads that I purchased new in 2011.

My wife and I own both new, “newer” and very old iPad models.

Old I pad will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.