Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to favorite multiple photos at once on ios?

This should really be so basic and I don’t understand how this is not been offered in the GUI.

I want to mark as favorites multiple photos at once in the Photos app in iOS. I don’t want to open every single photo and tap the heart icon on each one, I want to select several pictures and use the action menu you use for other things like sharing to just “mark as favorite” or “add to favorites”. The same can be said if you want to unfavorite several pics at once from the favorites folder.

So, am I missing something here? How could something so basic has not been added to Photos on iOS?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:09 AM

The app HashPhotos: https://apps.apple.com/app/id685784609

can do this.

5 replies

Nov 26, 2020 4:51 AM in response to DavidG74

It is not possible on the iPhone, afaik. You could do it on a Mac, if you are syncing the photo libraries with iCloud Photos. Photos for Mac allows you to select several photos at once and add the favorite heart. I am tagging the photos only on my Mac as favourites, where I can see them properly and enlarged.

You may want to send a feature request to Apple to improve the tagging: Photos for iOS and iPadOS - Feedback - Apple

Is there a way to favorite multiple photos at once on ios?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.