Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K which HDMI cable

I am thinking of buying the latest Apple TV 4K and I see that Apple now don’t include the HDMI cable so your forced to spend another £20 on the Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (2m). My last Apple TV years ago had it included so you know you have the right one.

I have an ultra HD 4K TV so I suspect I should purchase via Apple store this Belkin one I mentioned above?

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 11:03 AM

“Belkin UltraHD 4K HDMI Cable (2m)” has 18 Gbps bandwidth, which is exactly right for Apple TV 4K (HDMI 2.0).

“Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (2m)” has 48 Gbps bandwidth, which is way more than Apple TV 4K is able to utilize. Consider that kind of cable when you get an 8K TV and devices (HDMI 2.1).

Unfortunately, Belkin uses confusing naming, so you have to look for the bandwidth number.

The length of cable that you should shop for, depends on your situation/setup. Maybe you need 1m (3 ft) or 7.5m (25 ft), who knows. It is fine to shop for other brands of (quality) cables. Belkin cables are good, but so are others.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 11:03 AM in response to SDN100

“Belkin UltraHD 4K HDMI Cable (2m)” has 18 Gbps bandwidth, which is exactly right for Apple TV 4K (HDMI 2.0).

“Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (2m)” has 48 Gbps bandwidth, which is way more than Apple TV 4K is able to utilize. Consider that kind of cable when you get an 8K TV and devices (HDMI 2.1).

Unfortunately, Belkin uses confusing naming, so you have to look for the bandwidth number.

The length of cable that you should shop for, depends on your situation/setup. Maybe you need 1m (3 ft) or 7.5m (25 ft), who knows. It is fine to shop for other brands of (quality) cables. Belkin cables are good, but so are others.

Apple TV 4K which HDMI cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.