You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2020 (4th Generation) lcd backlight bleeding issue.

Recently I bought an Ipad Air 2020 64 GB sky blue model from an Apple authorised retailer in India and I found light bleeding on the right bottom side if it's held in the portrait mode (a few pictures are attached). Since I'm under warranty what should I do ? Should I go for a replacement or should I bear with it ? Is anybody else here having the same issue ? I'm afraid this is an issue with the production line itself and even if I replace this device I'm going to be offered another iPad Air 4 with the exact same issue. I had also come across two more threads stating the exact same issue with an iPad Air 4 on the exact same spot. Can I opt for a refund if I receive another iPad Air 4 with the same amount of bleeding ?

*Please note that I'm not talking about the 4 corners since every lcd panels exhibit the same kind of glow from the corners. The bleeding light is marked with red.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 12:12 AM

Got my iPad replaced couple of days back and to my surprise I am offered a new iPad Air 4 which has the exact amount of bleeding on the exact spot. I am now convinced that this has something to do with the manufacturing process itself. I will do everything possible to get this issue highlighted. I am well aware of the fact that IPS LCDs have limitations but we are consumers and we pay a major chunk of our hard earned money to buy these devices and all we want is flawless hardware and engineering incorporated in our devices.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2020 12:12 AM in response to green500

Got my iPad replaced couple of days back and to my surprise I am offered a new iPad Air 4 which has the exact amount of bleeding on the exact spot. I am now convinced that this has something to do with the manufacturing process itself. I will do everything possible to get this issue highlighted. I am well aware of the fact that IPS LCDs have limitations but we are consumers and we pay a major chunk of our hard earned money to buy these devices and all we want is flawless hardware and engineering incorporated in our devices.

Dec 27, 2020 10:52 AM in response to abhi634

Hi abhi634.

Since you’re still experiencing this issue with your replacement iPad, we recommend going back to the service provider. You can locate the nearest service providers in your region using the steps here: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector Should the service providers be closed in your region, please contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

iPad Air 2020 (4th Generation) lcd backlight bleeding issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.