Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Name of Apple TV device

How do I change the name of my Apple TV. For example right now it’s named kitchen I would like to rename it office.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 4:40 PM

On your Apple TV go into settings - AirPlay and HomeKit and change it in that to reassign it to another room

Alternatively you can also do this on your iOS device (or Mac) by using the Home App.

• On your iOS device open the Home App. Under Rooms, tap on Kitchen, find your ATV, deep press on that, use the gear icon, lower right to bring up settings and change the room it’s in - tap on the “kitchen” in orange

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Nicopmom

On your Apple TV go into settings - AirPlay and HomeKit and change it in that to reassign it to another room

Alternatively you can also do this on your iOS device (or Mac) by using the Home App.

• On your iOS device open the Home App. Under Rooms, tap on Kitchen, find your ATV, deep press on that, use the gear icon, lower right to bring up settings and change the room it’s in - tap on the “kitchen” in orange

Name of Apple TV device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.