Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name I gave my Apple TV? I moved it to a different television but I originally named it according to a different TV in another room.

How do I change the name I gave my Apple TV? I moved it to a different television but I originally named it according to a another TV in another room, so I want to rename it.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 4:27 PM

Thank you, but this didn't solve my issue. I have an iPhone 11 and I don't think I have HomeKit. When I go to Settings﹥General﹥About﹥Name﹥ I can only change the name I've given my phone, not rename my Apple TV. I can only access AirPlay when I am in an app that I want to cast from. There is no option to change the name of my Apple TV there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 4:27 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you, but this didn't solve my issue. I have an iPhone 11 and I don't think I have HomeKit. When I go to Settings﹥General﹥About﹥Name﹥ I can only change the name I've given my phone, not rename my Apple TV. I can only access AirPlay when I am in an app that I want to cast from. There is no option to change the name of my Apple TV there.

How do I change the name I gave my Apple TV? I moved it to a different television but I originally named it according to a different TV in another room.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.