Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

arrange photo albums in chronological order

Photo albums no longer in chronological order. Is there a way to fix without having to drag and drop all of them on my MacBook Air?

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 4:59 PM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2020 4:55 AM in response to Harnessk

Photos is completely broken... i'm trying to use iCloud photos to sync my devices but i always have issues...

i just got a new iPad and as i activated iCloud photos on it all my albums disappeared from all other devices...

i had to create all my albums again... it is a 15.000 pictures library...

i'm afraid of what will happen when my new iPhone 12 pro max will arrive!

Nov 28, 2020 12:37 AM in response to qazokm1

When you add a photo to an album, with a date outside the range of the previous photos in the album, the date of the album may change, and the albums may get rearranged. That is normal and the expected behaviour, if the albums have been sorted by the date. It is more stable to sort them by name, because the name of an album does not change automatically.

Nov 28, 2020 5:44 AM in response to léonie

Yes but when I choose to sort them in alphabetical order they MUST remain that way! And they MUST sync that way to all my iOS devices, but the problem is that for no reason they sync in a mixed order and then on my Mac they mix up... so I have to sort alphabetically again... and again.... and again.... it is sooooo stupid!!!!

arrange photo albums in chronological order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.