Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up AppleID for a user without any email address

So my 84 year old mother has finally agreed to get a phone. Prior to her receiving the device I'd like to set her up with an email address and AppleID and add her to our family to share Apple One. The problem is the device will be sent to her 1000 km away so I won't be able to create the AppleID during device setup. I would like to have the email address and AppleID created so she can just enter the details. The problem is when I try to create an AppleID on my iPhone or iMac using the web, it needs me to enter an email address. I thought that the user would get the option for a free iCloud address when the AppleID is created. So how do I enter an email when she has no email. Is there a way that I can concurrently create an AppleID and iCloud email without a new device setup or even create an iCloud email that can be entered during the AppleID create process? My worry is that if I enter one of my emails that will become the AppleID or it will somehow be linked to my account.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 7:44 PM

Using a made up new address was not what I wanted. Maybe I'm odd this way but I detest creating additional accounts. I was able to figure out a way. I had a spare iPhone and wiped it and started setting it up from scratch. On that phone it offered me a free iCloud address. The only wrinkle is for the phone number I had to use a landline so Apple called her then she called me... a bit of a runaround but it worked. Eventually that landline will be her mobile so it should workout. Thanks for your help, case closed.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 7:44 PM in response to Eric Root

Using a made up new address was not what I wanted. Maybe I'm odd this way but I detest creating additional accounts. I was able to figure out a way. I had a spare iPhone and wiped it and started setting it up from scratch. On that phone it offered me a free iCloud address. The only wrinkle is for the phone number I had to use a landline so Apple called her then she called me... a bit of a runaround but it worked. Eventually that landline will be her mobile so it should workout. Thanks for your help, case closed.

Set up AppleID for a user without any email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.