Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe flash pop up

I am getting Adobe Flash update pop ups every time I try to navigate a site , how do I make this stop?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 9:35 PM

You may have to clear the browser history, and perhaps restart safari with shift key held.

The pop-up is likely an adware trick to get you to click and get malware for some website.

Or maybe consider the mac may have adware or some malware. Mac Does not need Flash

and should never be seeing link that you did not initiate from Adobe Player download, or

if you were to use getflashplayer at adobe site direct. (Been depreciated for three years.)

Flash player has not been required nor advised for Mac OS X since 2010.

Good luck & happy trails!🌤⛵️

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 9:35 PM in response to Adobepopup

You may have to clear the browser history, and perhaps restart safari with shift key held.

The pop-up is likely an adware trick to get you to click and get malware for some website.

Or maybe consider the mac may have adware or some malware. Mac Does not need Flash

and should never be seeing link that you did not initiate from Adobe Player download, or

if you were to use getflashplayer at adobe site direct. (Been depreciated for three years.)

Flash player has not been required nor advised for Mac OS X since 2010.

Good luck & happy trails!🌤⛵️

adobe flash pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.