Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated my router’s firmware but still have a message saying weak security. Is this because of Apple’s latest update 14?

I am getting a message that my wife has weak security. I have update the firmware on the router but still have the message. This happened after the last update to 14. What can I do to fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:20 AM

Your wife has weak security?

Have you considered Martial Arts training?

if you meant WiFi, you will need to change the router settings:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

5 replies

Nov 27, 2020 8:03 AM in response to Glenroy43

Updating your firmware does not change the security settings on your router. It is still on a weak security setting just like it was prior to iOS 14. People are having this "problem" because they have left their routers vulnerable. Check to make sure you have changed the security settings on both channels and any extenders you have, reboot the router, then forget the network on your iPhone and reconnect. A WPA/WPA2 setting is not secure.

I have updated my router’s firmware but still have a message saying weak security. Is this because of Apple’s latest update 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.