Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have problems about weak security

I have my own router bet the problem is a weak security how can handle it thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 8:47 PM

Sadymaestro Said:

"I have problems about weak security: I have my own router bet the problem is a weak security how can handle it thanks"

-------

Why the Error:

If "Week security" is reported, it is probably because is your router is not set to be using the WPA3 Security Protocol.

How to Fix this:

I. Upgrade the Security: Set the Security of your Router to be WPA3. That is the ultimate in Wi-Fi security, to date. WPA2 has been hacked, and is no longer considered secure.

II. Whom to Contact: Contact the administrator of your network for assistance. If this is your network, then you need to manage this. What you need to so: upgrade the setting of your router to have WPA3 for the Security Protocol

III. Properly Configure your Router:

1. Open: Web browser
  2. Enter: the Default Gateway (either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) into the address bar
  3. Press: Enter key
  4. Log In: to the router
  5. Upgrade: the security settings to WPA3

IV. Learning More: If your router is incapable of using WPA3, then upgrade to a router that has that capability. For more assistance with this...

1. Contact: the Manufacturer of your Router
  2. Review: the router's User Manual
  3. Contact: The network administrator (if not you).
  4. Contact: your ISP
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 8:47 PM in response to Sadymaestro

Sadymaestro Said:

"I have problems about weak security: I have my own router bet the problem is a weak security how can handle it thanks"

-------

Why the Error:

If "Week security" is reported, it is probably because is your router is not set to be using the WPA3 Security Protocol.

How to Fix this:

I. Upgrade the Security: Set the Security of your Router to be WPA3. That is the ultimate in Wi-Fi security, to date. WPA2 has been hacked, and is no longer considered secure.

II. Whom to Contact: Contact the administrator of your network for assistance. If this is your network, then you need to manage this. What you need to so: upgrade the setting of your router to have WPA3 for the Security Protocol

III. Properly Configure your Router:

1. Open: Web browser
  2. Enter: the Default Gateway (either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) into the address bar
  3. Press: Enter key
  4. Log In: to the router
  5. Upgrade: the security settings to WPA3

IV. Learning More: If your router is incapable of using WPA3, then upgrade to a router that has that capability. For more assistance with this...

1. Contact: the Manufacturer of your Router
  2. Review: the router's User Manual
  3. Contact: The network administrator (if not you).
  4. Contact: your ISP

I have problems about weak security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.