📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In “Mail” App, Trash box contents were deleted in error. Is recovery possible?

My iPad 5th gen has latency delay issues. It is slow to respond to touch input. This (and my inattention...) contributed to the contents of my Trash box in the Mail App being deleted in error.

Time Machine is not set up on the account. Is there any way to recover the deleted emails?

iCloud obviously also shows an empty Trash box in Mail.

Many thanks,

Ian

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 3:06 PM

Zinacef - regrettably, I assumed that would be the answer I received - but in these days of NSA skullduggery, I wondered just how “deleted” it really was.

I am not overly concerned as I try to ensure that I put mail that should be retained into the “Archive” folder.

However, Time Machine is now up and running on my MBP in case I have another “senior moment”...

Thanks for the prompt response - I appreciate your help.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2020 3:06 PM in response to zinacef

Zinacef - regrettably, I assumed that would be the answer I received - but in these days of NSA skullduggery, I wondered just how “deleted” it really was.

I am not overly concerned as I try to ensure that I put mail that should be retained into the “Archive” folder.

However, Time Machine is now up and running on my MBP in case I have another “senior moment”...

Thanks for the prompt response - I appreciate your help.

In “Mail” App, Trash box contents were deleted in error. Is recovery possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.