📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undelete of emails

I have email account I read on 3 separate devices, thought I do housekeeping and clear my inbox on iPad, expecting mail to remain on the other devices.

Unfortunately the deletion replicated across all devices …

When I realised the error went into the email ‘bin’ folder, selected all and did a ‘move’ to inbox.

However only about 1/3rd recovered, and bin is now empty.

Is there any possibility my iPad backup would have the emails, and

could be rolled back to restore emails from a few days ago ?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:13 PM

If you actually have any type of data backup ( either from an iCloud backup or device backup from a full Mac or Windows PC ) from a few days, ago, then recovery of these emails maybe possible.

If no actual backup, then maybe no recovery of these deleted emails.

Be advised, if using a third party email service with an iMAP account, deleted email may still reside on the email service servers.

You made need to use a Web browser and go the actusl email service Website, login into your acount on the Website and look through all of your emails there to see if these emails still exist on the actual email service account.

If they do you could re-email/forward these missing emails back to yourself, using your email address.

Good Luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Tafflad

If you actually have any type of data backup ( either from an iCloud backup or device backup from a full Mac or Windows PC ) from a few days, ago, then recovery of these emails maybe possible.

If no actual backup, then maybe no recovery of these deleted emails.

Be advised, if using a third party email service with an iMAP account, deleted email may still reside on the email service servers.

You made need to use a Web browser and go the actusl email service Website, login into your acount on the Website and look through all of your emails there to see if these emails still exist on the actual email service account.

If they do you could re-email/forward these missing emails back to yourself, using your email address.

Good Luck!

Oct 20, 2021 3:10 PM in response to Tafflad

Just ckeck in the Settings app, under your Apple ID at the top.

Tap iCloud and check to see which apps are using iCloud.

If Mail is toggled on using iCloud ( blue dot or blue bar next to app name to indicate backup ), then you should be good to try an iCloud restore of a previous backup.

I am making NO guarantee that these emails will be retrievable, or not.

Good Luck to You!

Undelete of emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.