Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it say OPEN on my app when I go into the hidden apps location? I can’t get my app to go back onto my phone because it doesn’t have the cloud download button but instead says OPEN in the hidden apps page. I also can’t delete the app? Help?!

I can’t get my app to get back onto my phone after accidentally hiding it. I also can’t delete the app from my purchases in order to download it again. When I go into hidden purchases it says OPEN instead of having that little download cloud thing like you normally see on that page. Please help?!

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 2:13 PM

sounds like everything is as expected.. so the app IS on your phone.

If you want to pull the app back out to your Home Screen..

from your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library, then swipe downward so you get an alphabetical list.

search for the app or scroll to it. tap/hold and drag the icon back out your Home Screen.

If you want to delete the app, then you should be able to do so one it's back out on your Home Screen by pressing and waiting for the menu to pop up (press Delete rather than Remove).

Alternatively you could go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, give it a minute to load, find the app, tap on it, select Delete

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 2:13 PM in response to CandHFan

sounds like everything is as expected.. so the app IS on your phone.

If you want to pull the app back out to your Home Screen..

from your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library, then swipe downward so you get an alphabetical list.

search for the app or scroll to it. tap/hold and drag the icon back out your Home Screen.

If you want to delete the app, then you should be able to do so one it's back out on your Home Screen by pressing and waiting for the menu to pop up (press Delete rather than Remove).

Alternatively you could go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, give it a minute to load, find the app, tap on it, select Delete

Why does it say OPEN on my app when I go into the hidden apps location? I can’t get my app to go back onto my phone because it doesn’t have the cloud download button but instead says OPEN in the hidden apps page. I also can’t delete the app? Help?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.