Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One midi instrument - multiple tracks - with solo and mute

I'm looking for a way that one midi instrument can have multiple midi channels feeding it, but also with solo and mute capabilities. The usual answer to this question is to: select your software instrument track, then go to the Track menu and select "Other>New track with same instrument" This does work, but these additional tracks cannot solo or mute their midi regions. If you use solo or mute, it solos or mutes the instrument, and all the tracks solo or mute the instrument at once... but what I want is to solo or mute the tracks individually.

And I should add - the Power buttons on each track can be used to mute the individual tracks, so that's a half-way work around, but using that to solo is time consuming.

Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 3:40 PM

It makes sense since Mute and Solo are Channel Strip controls. Since the Instrument is on the Channel Strip... What's on the track inspector or the track header is remote control.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but you can give Region controls a try: Mute and solo regions in the Logic Pro Tracks area - Apple Support.

WD

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 3:40 PM in response to Maleka323496

It makes sense since Mute and Solo are Channel Strip controls. Since the Instrument is on the Channel Strip... What's on the track inspector or the track header is remote control.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but you can give Region controls a try: Mute and solo regions in the Logic Pro Tracks area - Apple Support.

WD

One midi instrument - multiple tracks - with solo and mute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.