Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Pops up Every time I Press Home Button on iPhone

I saw the post that says holding the home button too long will cause Siri to come up instead of PIN pad to unlock phone, but.... I have tried repeatedly to get past Siri and log into my phone and Siri will not allow me past. The Siri icon floats around and I have to wait and try again after the icon has gone away. A great deal of the time, I press the home button again and Siri pops up again and stays for an annoying amount of time. The "Press Home Button to Unlock" caption comes up, but the more I press the home button, the longer Siri stays. I press it quick, short, long, it does not seem to matter the length of time. It seems to be getting worse. Is there a way to turn this off? I don't always have time to deal with Siri.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:55 PM

You can definitely change the way Siri responds or even turn Siri off completely...

Change when Siri responds

Go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then do any of the following:

• Prevent Siri from responding to the voice command “Hey Siri”: Turn off Listen for “Hey Siri.”
  • Prevent Siri from responding to the side or Home button: Turn off Press Home for Siri (on an iPhone with a Home button).
  • Prevent access to Siri when iPhone is locked: Turn off Allow Siri When Locked.
  • Change the language Siri responds to: Tap Language, then select a new language.

You can also summon Siri by typing. See Type instead of speaking to Siri.

The above instructions are for iOS 14 but you should see the same/similar thing in iOS 9 (I think)!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 9:55 PM in response to tingtingcj

You can definitely change the way Siri responds or even turn Siri off completely...

Change when Siri responds

Go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then do any of the following:

• Prevent Siri from responding to the voice command “Hey Siri”: Turn off Listen for “Hey Siri.”
  • Prevent Siri from responding to the side or Home button: Turn off Press Home for Siri (on an iPhone with a Home button).
  • Prevent access to Siri when iPhone is locked: Turn off Allow Siri When Locked.
  • Change the language Siri responds to: Tap Language, then select a new language.

You can also summon Siri by typing. See Type instead of speaking to Siri.

The above instructions are for iOS 14 but you should see the same/similar thing in iOS 9 (I think)!

Siri Pops up Every time I Press Home Button on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.