Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification failed

Can’t sign in using any method (mobile or on Fire TV). I receive the “Verification failed...” messages, repeatably. I’ve reset and restarted the Fire TV. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Apple TV app. I’m running the latest version of Fire OS (7.2.2.4). Nothing works; I can’t use the Apple TV app due to the sign-in failure.

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 2:10 PM

Thanks. I ended up cycling through several combinations of removing and reinstalling the Apple TV app, restarting my Fire TV Cube, deleting data, clearing the cache — and finally, at some lucky point — I got past the error, saw the QR code on-screen and signed in.

Apple needs a clear and description error code or message displayed when this happens so that the customer has a fighting chance at resolving the issue. I’m in tech and struggled with this! Not good, Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 2:10 PM in response to jdo_apple

Thanks. I ended up cycling through several combinations of removing and reinstalling the Apple TV app, restarting my Fire TV Cube, deleting data, clearing the cache — and finally, at some lucky point — I got past the error, saw the QR code on-screen and signed in.

Apple needs a clear and description error code or message displayed when this happens so that the customer has a fighting chance at resolving the issue. I’m in tech and struggled with this! Not good, Apple.

Dec 5, 2020 1:02 PM in response to gcbrink

Hi gcbrink,

It sounds like you're having trouble signing in to your Apple ID and we want to help.

What sorts of error do you see? Do you only see verification failed?

Are you able to sign in to your Apple ID on other devices otherwise?

Try following along here:

Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Dec 29, 2020 10:59 AM in response to gcbrink

Many conversations about this online. The only way we will get it fixed is to flood Apple and Roku with support cases.

You'll need to call Apple (don't bother with chat) and then repeat over and over that your issue is the Apple TV app on Roku. You will get offered issues with your Apple ID (this isn't that) and with the Apple TV device (this isn't that). Just keep repeating "Apple TV app on Roku" until you get to someone who knows what a Roku is. Don't hang up until you talk to a "senior advisor" who asks for pictures of the error and the About screen of your Roku.

contact phone numbers for Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Verification failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.