Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote compatability with catalina

I have ordered a new iMac. It will come with the Catalina operating system. My question is; if I build a presentation on keynote or pages using Catalina, and I transfer it to my MacBook Air, will my presentation work when I present it on the road using my old MacBook Air (2011). It took me a long time to save up the money for the new Mac and I will be unable to purchase another MacBook Air. If the programs are not compatible, I will have to cancel my order.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 6:45 AM

The two Macs will be using different Keynote versions and some of the animations in the new version of Keynote will not play on the older version of Keynote, but the presentations will play. Check the presentation when copied to the MacBook, any animations that are not compatible will be replaced by a dissolve, you can easily change these on the MacBook.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 6:45 AM in response to mikefromhonoraville

The two Macs will be using different Keynote versions and some of the animations in the new version of Keynote will not play on the older version of Keynote, but the presentations will play. Check the presentation when copied to the MacBook, any animations that are not compatible will be replaced by a dissolve, you can easily change these on the MacBook.

keynote compatability with catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.