Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote voiceover plus play video with sound

I am recording a voice over of my presentation. In the middle of the presentation, I'd like to play a video with sound, and then go back to voiceover. Is there a way to use the video sound rather than what the voiceover picks up from my mic? Just playing the video as a part of the voiceover greatly diminishes the sound quality.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 3:08 PM

Playing the video clip sound with the voice over muted

Assuming the following: using internal mic using Record Slideshow the video is placed on the required slide

1. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and set the mic level to 75%
  2. Record Slideshow (Play > Record Slideshow) from slide 1 until the slide with video
  3. Exit Record Slideshow by clicking the red record button
  4. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and reduce the mic level to zero

5 - Go to Record Slideshow again and place the play marker on the slide with the video clip, in this example its slide 5:

6 - Start recording then stop at the end of video clip

7 - Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and increase the mic level back to 75%

8 - Go to Record Slideshow and position the marker at the slide immediately after the video clip. Click on red record button and continue with your voice over until the end of the presentation

Test playback

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 3:08 PM in response to Insigneia

Playing the video clip sound with the voice over muted

Assuming the following: using internal mic using Record Slideshow the video is placed on the required slide

1. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and set the mic level to 75%
  2. Record Slideshow (Play > Record Slideshow) from slide 1 until the slide with video
  3. Exit Record Slideshow by clicking the red record button
  4. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and reduce the mic level to zero

5 - Go to Record Slideshow again and place the play marker on the slide with the video clip, in this example its slide 5:

6 - Start recording then stop at the end of video clip

7 - Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and increase the mic level back to 75%

8 - Go to Record Slideshow and position the marker at the slide immediately after the video clip. Click on red record button and continue with your voice over until the end of the presentation

Test playback

keynote voiceover plus play video with sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.