Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FORGOT MY Admin Password. MacBook pro 2020

I Forgot my Brand new MacBook Pro Login Password and Recovery Key.
 I Hold commnd +R and it keep takes me back to enter your Recovery Key or Admin password. Luckily i made a user acount so i can still use the device. any ideas how can i get my account back without losing my data?

I took it to Mac service here in Malaysia which right now I am and they seems to not understand the problem and keep saying sorry there is no way and we should reboot it and you lose all your data.

PLEASE HELP ME IF POSSIBLE, any idea or selution please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:58 AM

ramin1111 Said:

———-

Not Concerned with Losing Data?:

If loss of data is of no concern, and iCloud is enabled on that Administrator user, then log in to iCloud.com and download personal files and such. Then, just use this new Administrator you speak of. See if all is good from there with all applications available.

Recovery Mode Password:

If you can get into Recovery Mode, then you would have used a password. So, does that password work?

With this New User:

Important: Back Up your Mac First:Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 11:58 AM in response to ramin1111

ramin1111 Said:

———-

Not Concerned with Losing Data?:

If loss of data is of no concern, and iCloud is enabled on that Administrator user, then log in to iCloud.com and download personal files and such. Then, just use this new Administrator you speak of. See if all is good from there with all applications available.

Recovery Mode Password:

If you can get into Recovery Mode, then you would have used a password. So, does that password work?

With this New User:

Important: Back Up your Mac First:Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.