Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade USB-C to lightening back in for a USB to lightening?

Can we trade this useless (to my daughter anyway) USB-C to lightening back in for a USB to lightening cable or get one supplied for free which would have been the right thing to do? If it is designed for compatibility with other Apple devices, you'd think you'd make that the purchasable product instead of forcing people to buy something to just to keep their phone charged on USB ports which are pretty much universal.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 2:35 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2020 8:39 PM in response to deggie

I get exactly what USB-C is, I use Android and Chromebooks that have been using it for years. Apple iPhone 11 is what I just purchased for my daughter which does NOT use USB-C to charge (really the only platform that doesn't) and USB-C charge cubes are still very unusual. SO, I either have to buy a standard lightening cable with a USB-A cube or buy a USB-C cube and lighter charger. Incredibly stupid. So back to my question which you didn't answer, will Apple allow a straight trade of this useless cable for one I can actually use.

Nov 29, 2020 7:21 AM in response to deggie

Oh, I guess I need to return all the USB-C equipment to charge phones and laptops since my Nexus 6P in 2015. Thanks for letting me know. Yes this is my daughter's first phone, and I know what we need to charge it. It's just more typical Apple BS to get the sheep to buy more peripherals. I just never thought you all would stoop to the point of not supplying the basic equipment to even use these overpriced pieces of hype (though the headphone debacle a few years ago is almost as bad). Been in the technology biz a long time and have never seen something so ridiculous.

Can I trade USB-C to lightening back in for a USB to lightening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.