Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my map app go dark and leave me without a clue after dark?

Driving at night after dark and needing directions. My map app goes dark and leaves me not knowing what to do? Help!!!

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 4:05 PM

Do you have it providing you with directions? If so, you can go to Settings>Maps>Navigation & Guidance and make sure that Navigation Prompts Wake Device is turned on. If you are not connected to power it can go to sleep, but it will make sure you know about upcoming turns, etc. If you need something else, you can tap on the screen. Unfortunately, I alway have mine plugged in and it stays on the screen unless there is a long period between turns and it will go to sleep for a while.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 4:05 PM in response to RKChesnutt

Do you have it providing you with directions? If so, you can go to Settings>Maps>Navigation & Guidance and make sure that Navigation Prompts Wake Device is turned on. If you are not connected to power it can go to sleep, but it will make sure you know about upcoming turns, etc. If you need something else, you can tap on the screen. Unfortunately, I alway have mine plugged in and it stays on the screen unless there is a long period between turns and it will go to sleep for a while.

Why does my map app go dark and leave me without a clue after dark?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.