Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I pair my Homepod mini with my MacBook Pro?

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 8:32 PM

Once the HomePod mini is set up correctly it will be possible to AirPlay from your MacBook Pro. It does not pair in the way that Bluetooth speakers do. As noted an iOS device is needed for setup, the MacBook Pro alone is insufficient. From HomePod mini - Technical Specifications - Apple:

System Requirements

• HomePod mini with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest version of iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation) or later, iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest version of iPadOS
  • 802.11n Wi‑Fi internet access

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 8:32 PM in response to RTen1

Once the HomePod mini is set up correctly it will be possible to AirPlay from your MacBook Pro. It does not pair in the way that Bluetooth speakers do. As noted an iOS device is needed for setup, the MacBook Pro alone is insufficient. From HomePod mini - Technical Specifications - Apple:

System Requirements

• HomePod mini with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest version of iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation) or later, iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest version of iPadOS
  • 802.11n Wi‑Fi internet access

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.