Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16”, Big Sur Unresponsive

Hi there,

After week with Big Sur my 16” MacBook Pro i9, 32GB ram is just not coping well. The fans are spinning like crazy all windows lags I’m not able to work on it. My CPU load is very high & kernel-ask & WindowServer also. I’m using two 4K monitors if this makes any difference. The MacBook was fas previously just slowed down recently. I have no applications running and the load is crazy high.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 8:34 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 28, 2020 8:42 PM in response to spyderdsn

spyderdsn Said:

MacBook Pro 16”, Big Sur Unresponsive: Hi there, After week with Big Sur my 16” MacBook Pro i9, 32GB ram is just not coping well. The fans are spinning like crazy all windows lags I’m not able to work on it. My CPU load is very high & kernel-ask & WindowServer also. I’m using two 4K monitors if this makes any difference. The MacBook was fas previously just slowed down recently. I have no applications running and the load is crazy high.

———-

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback of this issue. Include how you’ve troubleshot this, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed, and what their customers prefer in updates, and future macOS versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Installation/Setup" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 29, 2020 3:20 PM in response to spyderdsn

The normal operating temperature for the 16 inch MBP is 10°C - 35° and that is the ambient temperature range, without running an application, or application mix that drives the onboard temp beyond those specs. It would not take much heavy activity, especially on a (e.g. Core i9/64GB RAM machine), when the temp is already at 27°C, to push it beyond safe operating limits — where the operating system will throttle the Mac to protect it.

MacBook Pro 16”, Big Sur Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.