Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is stuck on “set time automatically” and I cannot turn it off. What do I do?

My phone is stuck on “set time automatically” and I cannot turn it off. What do I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 3:06 AM

Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

When you find that the Date & Time feature is greyed out.

It is best to Set Screen Time Password Off and this will enable Set Automatic Date & Time

Watch this GIF below

If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 3:06 AM in response to VisibleConfusion

Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

When you find that the Date & Time feature is greyed out.

It is best to Set Screen Time Password Off and this will enable Set Automatic Date & Time

Watch this GIF below

If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.